刚果民主共和国紧急情况:联合国机构警告说,未来24小时至关重要

气候作者 / 编辑 / 2025-01-30 10:45
"
来自刚果民主共和国东部戈马的联合国实地小组的最新报告显示,周二,由于M23叛军对省会的持续袭击,局势迅速恶化。尸体躺在街上

来自刚果民主共和国东部戈马的联合国实地小组的最新报告显示,周二,由于M23叛军对省会的持续袭击,局势迅速恶化。

尸体躺在街上,医院人满为患,性暴力、强奸和抢劫的报道有所增加。

联合国世界粮食计划署(WFP)发言人Shelley Thakral说:“道路被封锁,港口被关闭,那些穿越基伍湖的人在临时搭建的船上冒着生命危险。”世界粮食计划署是众多在当地努力提供援助和保护的联合国机构之一。“我刚刚和戈马的一名活动人士通了话,他告诉我,‘我们在这里,我们躲起来了。我们不知道谁会来帮助我们。’”

联合国人道主义事务协调办公室(OCHA)回应了人道主义界对这个资源丰富地区不断升级的暴力事件的深切关注,这些暴力事件在几天内已导致约30万人离开戈马周围的难民营。

援助目标

联合国人道协调厅发言人延斯·莱尔克(Jens Laerke)说:“我们在刚果民主共和国的同事报告说,整个城市都有重型、小型武器和迫击炮射击,街道上有许多尸体。”“我们有报告称,战斗人员实施了强奸,抢劫财产,包括人道主义仓库和人道主义和卫生设施遭到袭击。”

据报道,紧急情况导致戈马的医院不堪重负,大量伤员涌入,电力和水供应“受损”,互联网服务周一中断。莱尔克在日内瓦对记者说,“今天上午戈马仍然无法上网。”

事态发展之际,包括联合国安理会(Security Council)在内的国际社会发出了紧急呼吁。各国大使周一要求M23叛军立即停止进攻,并呼吁该组织撤出其占领的领土。

大使们重申支持联合国在刚果民主共和国的维和部队,联刚稳定团,并向最近几天在南非、马拉维和乌拉圭牺牲的蓝盔部队致敬。

安理会还谴责“外部势力”在刚果民主共和国东部的存在,有报道说卢旺达军队大量参与了进攻,并呼吁各方遵守停火协议,恢复外交谈判。

多年的危机

在刚果民主共和国东部基伍省最近一次暴力升级之前,这个矿产资源丰富的地区已经有约510万人因多年的不安全局势而流离失所,被迫生活在拥挤的难民营中,食物很少,没有安全保障。

联合国机构和合作伙伴继续监测高度不稳定的局势,这迫使世界粮食计划署暂时停止在戈马周围的粮食援助活动。“该地区的机场和主要通道已经被切断……根据暴力持续的时间,进入该市的粮食供应可能会受到严重阻碍,”世界粮食计划署的Thakral女士说。

“这对被困在戈马和周边地区战斗中的刚果人来说是一个巨大的考验……接下来的24小时将是至关重要的,因为人们的物资开始短缺,需要看看他们能找到什么来生存。”

疾病的恐惧

联合国世界卫生组织(WHO)表示,紧急情况的高度流动性加剧了人们对现有疾病可能在背井离乡的人群中迅速传播的担忧,尽管在疫情最新升级之前已经采取了预防措施。

For the moment the immediate concern is to help victims of the violence.

“There are currently hundreds of people in hospital, most admitted with gunshot and shrapnel wounds, with secondary infections becoming a health risk,” said Dr Adelheid Marschang, Emergency Response Coordinator for the DRC.

She noted that before Goma airport closed on Saturday, WHO had sent critical medical supplies for trauma and emergency care, infection prevention, cholera and more.

The UN agency’s response to the crisis has also included providing tents for hospitals to cope with the increasing number of injured. It has medical hubs in North and South Kivu, in the cities of Goma and Bukavu to support health care needs in eastern DRC.

Last year the provinces of North and South Kivu reported high numbers of cholera, measles and malaria cases and deaths, Dr. Marschang said, warning of a “heightened risk for spillover of cholera” into neighbouring countries and provinces.

The area was also the epicentre of an outbreak of a new strain of mpox, declared a public health emergency of international concern in August 2024. Dr. Marschang warned that the new wave of displacement will make it increasingly hard to track and treat the disease.

Amid the lethal violence, hospitals and health workers themselves are in danger, the WHO official said, with “reports of health workers being shot at and patients including babies being caught in crossfire”.

“Attacks on healthcare violate the rules of war. Healthcare must be protected at all times,” she insisted.

Sexual violence alert

WHO and other UN agencies and partners said that they are especially worried about the increasing risk to women and girlsfrom violence, including rape.

“Pregnant women are at risk, with very high maternal death rates, even before the violence escalated,” WHO said.

“Sadly, hospitals and health workers are in danger. We are hearing reports of health workers being shot at, and patients, including babies, being caught in the crossfire. WHO reminds everyone that attacks on healthcare violate the rules of war. Health care must be protected at all times.”

Echoing those concerns, WFP’s Ms. Thakral reported that mobile teams and mobile clinics are at work amid reports that women had been raped multiple times while searching for firewood or after leaving the perimeter of their camp.

Other reports indicated “an increase in rape along the pathways that some of the conflict partners are now taking into South Kivu,” she said, underscoring the agency’s efforts “to have some solutions to follow the populations as they move”.

© UN News (2025) — All Rights Reserved

分享到
声明:本文为用户投稿或编译自英文资料,不代表本站观点和立场,转载时请务必注明文章作者和来源,不尊重原创的行为将受到本站的追责;转载稿件或作者投稿可能会经编辑修改或者补充,有异议可投诉至本站。

热文导读